Meals In The Car
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Baby Travel Gear For Meals and other Baby Travel topics.
How do I deal with feeding baby in the car?
Feeding baby in the car can be easy enough as long as you're prepared. We think it's actually much easier to have everything on hand than when you're flying on a plane – simply because you can just pack everything you need in the car with you. For easy mealtimes with baby in the car, here are some quick tips:
- If both Mom and Dad are traveling in the car, have one person drive and have the other person sit in the back with baby to attend to her needs.
- Pack a cooler with all the food and drink essentials you need for the trip. Have them on hand and within easy reach.
- For bottles that need warming, you can bring a portable bottle warmer that works on its own or plugs into your cigarette lighter.
- Have plastic bags on hand for tossing out trash and large zip lock bags for storing baby's bottle. We recommend you bring two sets of bottles. One can get cleaned while you put the other into use.
- Store baby food in easy to use containers. Baby food is contaminated once you dip a used spoon back into the jar. And then you'll need to refrigerate it in order for it to keep. Rather than tossing out food or dealing with storage, take you baby food out ahead of time and pack them into one ounce individual food containers that you can toss into a large zip lock bag.
- If you're just driving off somewhere and baby isn't tired yet, go ahead and feed her a meal or her bottle. If you've been on the road for a while and she's hungry, pull over and feed her.
- Use disposable bibs. We love them for keeping messes at bay and they pack so nicely. Use them again if you want to wipe them clean or toss and move on to a fresh one.